Thursday, November 22, 2007

Blog Technology Update

This post doesn't have anything to do with Volvo stuff but I thought I'd provide some info on some technology changes for this blog.

I've been using Technorati for a while to index and categorize this site based on tags. It's been ok, however I find their site difficult to navigate and there is some erratic behavior when propagating the blog updates to them. I also don't like the idea of sending traffic away from the blog in order for readers to view my categories. I used to get a lot of hits from them but I haven't gotten any in a really long time. So, I'm going to switch over to using post labels that are built into blogger. Hopefully it also helps readers find topics easier on this blog. I'll leave the Technorati categories up for a while on the right side bar. I'll try to make a new index for the non-Technorati labels. I wish there was an easy to go back and label all the previous posts.

Google Adsense was giving me some grief so I've stopped using them and switched. Right now I'm using Bidvertiser. They are ok but the ad categories don't seem to match at all. I guess they have no automotive advertisers at all! I'll probably switch over to Yahoo ads soon.